Programs & Benefits
What ABC Offers Its Members
Apprenticeship, Certification, Continuing Education and Craft Training
State and Federally Approved Apprenticeship Programs:
- Electrician Inside Wireman
- Plumber Pipefitter
- Electronic Systems Technician/Voice Data Video (Low Voltage)
- Sheet Metal
- State Approved Electrician Certification Trainee Program
- Instructor Certification Training Program
- Plumbing Craft Training Program
ABC SoCal is an accredited sponsor for the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). All curricula are nationally certified. You can view curricula at www.nccer.org
At ABC, our training programs can:
- Improve and upgrade the quality of your workforce.
- Help you comply with prevailing wage requirements.
- Train skilled craftspersons for the future of your business.
- Increase productivity.
- Reduce turnover, injuries and absenteeism.
- Lower your project costs.
- Secure your labor force for the future.
- Save you money by allowing you the opportunity to pay apprentices a percentage of the journeyman wage while they receive on-the-job-training.
You get a lower payroll cost, reduced taxes, and other rates and fees at a lower rate. Add it up: ABC’s training program can improve your overall profit margin and help you train your skilled craftworkers of the future!
What are the requirements to employ and train apprentices through ABC?
- Be an ABC member in good standing. Membership fees are offset by reduced labor costs and increased productivity.
- Be a California Licensed Contractor.
- Agree to train in compliance with ABC Apprenticeship Standards.
- Complete a Training Contribution Agreement, a Health Contribution Agreement and submit appropriate training contributions.
- Be approved to train by the appropriate ABC Apprenticeship Committee.
For Evaluating Journey-level Knowledge and Skills
- Abnormal Operating Conditioning
- Commercial Electrician
- Core: Introductory Craft Skills*
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Insulation*
- Industrial Pipefitter*
- Pipeline OQ
- Scaffold Builder*
- And many more…
* Available in Spanish
- Gas and Liquid
Pipeline Assessments are created in conjunction with API to qualify pipeline personnel under the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) regulation for Pipeline Operator Qualification.
Visit our Assessment Testing page.
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision/Chiropractic Programs
- State and Federal Public Works Approved Training Trusts
- Financial Legal Assistance Available
- Jobsite Labor Dispute Assistance
- Chapter Legal Rights and Strategies Committee
- Labor Seminars
- Labor Relations Job Site Handbook
- Free Hour of Consultation with Legal Council
- Full-time Government Affairs Director on Staff
- Fight Anti-Business Project Labor Agreements (PLA)
- Testimony to Congress and State Agencies
- State and National Legislative Conferences
- State ABC Legislative Advocate
- Grass Roots Lobby Network
- Chapter Legislative Committee
- Local, State and National Political Action Committees
Visit our Political Advocacy section.
- News Releases
- Annual Membership Directory and Buyer’s Guide
- Contractors Referral Service
- National Construction Awards of Excellence
- ABC National Publications
- Accredited Quality Contractors Program
Strong Carrier Relationships & Continuous Rate Stability make our Benefit Trust Program more competitive than ever before! West Coast Group Benefits, the managing broker for the ABC SoCal Benefit Trust Fund, is a full-service, professional health and commercial insurance brokerage.
West Coast Group Benefits
10809 Thornmint Road, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92127
Toll Free: 888-763-2722
Senior Vice President
- Group HMO & PPO
- Health Programs
- Dental HMO & PPO Plans
- Group Vision Benefits
- Life and AD&D
- Chiropractic Care
- Employers may cover all employees or hourly field employees only
- No pre-existing condition limitations on HMO medical plans
- Features Holiday / Vacation pay benefits plan
- California Member Pension Program Enrolled firms receive COBRA Administration
- HIPAA compliance and a dedicated account manager all at no additional charge
- Bona fide plan for Federal Davis Bacon & State of California prevailing wage work.